Developing a Personal
Leadership Development Plan:
Using the following matrix, note how you can improve in each of the personal practice areas on your list. See the example below it for guidance in helping you complete your own chart. However, do not copy points from this chart into your own.
Way(s) To Improve
- I usually think I will remember, therefore I do not take many notes.
- I should pay more attention to the assignments and less on notes.
- I should write more accurate so that I don’t get confused later.
- with online class note taking is still very important.
- I will value the values of note taking by making better note taking habits.
- I minimal amount of notes a take should be to complete a successful assignment.
- I will take less notes but more reliable.
- note taking will help me get better grades with my online grades.
- I study in the living room therefore, I get a lot of distractions.
- I leave the studying for the last minute.
- I don’t spent that much time on studying
- I start very focus but I get distracted fast.
- I study in a quiet place with less distractions.
- be more responsible with time management.
- spent enough time on studying in order to get better grades.
- concentrate and find a place where are limited distractions.
- I usually do not check credibility of souses.
- I mostly use the internet for researching because is interesting.
- I get distracted when I discover an interesting thing while researching a topic.
- I think I spent too much time researching.
- check credibility to get more accurate information.
- I will check all kind of sources of information. Like books and places (Museums).
- Focus on the subject and remember that my grade depends on it.
- use my time management skills to time my research.
Critical Thinking Techniques:
- I make inaccurate assumptions.
- I get deflected from the topic.
- I focus too much on specifics.
- when speaking about a sensitive issue I get my emotions involve.
- Make the minimal amount of assumptions, and base my assumptions on facts.
- I will use different ways to stay focus which include being alert.
- keep an open mind to a wide area.
- stay neutral to any topic and be open minded.
Way(s) To Improve
- I try to write down everything the person is saying.
- My notes are not always clear and understandable because the writing is not legible in a classroom setting.
- In a classroom setting, my notes are not organized.
- When reading my notes, I find they are more organized, clearer, and more understandable.
- Notes have a tendency to have no rhyme or reason.
- Complete outside assignments
- Bring the right materials and be prepared.
- Be alert to repetition.
- Listen and look for introductory, concluding, and transition words and phrases.
- Watch the board or overhead projector.
- Use key words’ relationship and degree (most, least, faster, etc.).
- Use pictures and diagrams.
- Use a three-ring binder for each subject to help with review.
- Label, number, and date all notes.
- Use standard abbreviations.
- Take notes in different colors.
- Consider typing my notes.
- Create summaries.
- Use highlighting to monitor my comprehension.
- I have a tendency to cram at the last possible moment.
- I start off with great intentions but fizzle before I reach the finish line.
- If life happens, the studying gets put on the back burner.
- I am easily distracted when studying.
- If what I am studying is boring, I give up and do something else.
- Studying is something I have to do to complete an assignment effectively.
- Find a quiet place to study.
- Set a specific time to study and then use it consistently.
- Create a checklist and review it daily and/or weekly.
- Find something in the subject I am studying that interests me and research how it is related to the entire subject matter.
- Be organized and set up a system to assist in this goal.
- Leave no stone unturn.
- Search until I discover what I am looking for.
- Searches have a tendency to go off the beaten path if I find something interesting.
- I wonder when searching and it causes me to waste time and not finish the task at hand.
- Do not rely only on materials found only the Internet; instead, ask the experts and talk with peers.
- Be organized in my approach to what I am researching.
Download a free editable version by clicking below